Making The Most Of Your Membership
There's a LOT of great downloads here and I'm sure you're eager to dive straight in, but we don't want you to miss anything, so here's a quick run through of what's available and a few tips to help you make sense of it all!
This is the core of the package and it's huge. Last count we had over 200 downloads totaling 30Gb+... and we're adding to it all the time. We've done our best to categorized the various files and packages, plus we've added relevant tags, so hopefully you'll be able to browse or search to locate the items most relevant to you. Remember this is a community effort though, so your comments, feedback and ratings will help other Members find quality content... and they'll be more likely to contribute as well.
We have had a very strong community on PhotographersPlace in the past, but it was 'open' to anyone and we had never ending problems with spammers and bots. So this time around we've set it up as a private group... paid members only... that should keep those people/bots out. We've made it accessible to anyone interested though, so we're hopeful we can revive the interest and make this a strong, useful resource for any serious photographer... with your help!
We're using BuddyPress for these features, so it's a bit of a learning curve for us as well, but to begin with we've activated al lthe key components...
- You'll have a LiveStream, like most social media accounts where you can post comments, images links etc for other members to view and comment.
- You have options to create your profile page, add a portrait, add a cover image on your page.
- You can also share some more detailed work history and qualifications. This isn't intended for commercial promotion though... just a way of introducing yourself to the community.
- There's also messaging and chat options built-in, so you can explore those as well.
Standard 'Community' Rules Apply!
Keep it friendly and courteous, be careful not to read meaning into posts and comments that isn't there, and always remember 'offense is taken not given'... the more urgently you feel you need to respond to something, the more likely it is that you'd do better to wait a while.
In the past the only major 'flare ups' we ever had resulted from people taking comments out of context, missing another person's attempt at humour, or reading way to much into a comment... so all avoidable if people slow down for a minute and for differences in language and usage etc.
We know a lot of photographers here won't be Pros and will be looking for ways to generate some cashflow from their own websites... so we've taken the extra step of setting this up on Clickbank. That means anyone interested can add some banners & links to their own website, and maybe generate a few commissions by sending us some traffic. Please refer to the Affiliate Tools page for full details.
- Don't Try To Do It All At Once... If you just go crazy downloading anything and everything, they will almost certainly sit on your hard-drive collecting dust for years to come. Instead just grab one or two items at a time and put them to use properly before you move on to the next one.
- Bookmark Anything Of Interest... Use the Like Button to flag those items you want to come back for, and you'll be able to access a list of those anytime from your Favourites page. It will also help the other Members identify items of interest.
- Add Your Own Feedback... Make sure you call back and comment on anything you do download. The more you contribute, the more other Members will contribute as well, and the more effective this will be for everyone.
- Help Get The Word Out... Check the information below on our Affiliate Program, for simple ways you can help promote Photographer's Place, get your own membership for free... and maybe even make a few extra dollars each month!
- Subscribe For Updates... Enter your email in the form a the bottom of the page and we'll send you our Weekly New Digest, a summary of any new posts or additions to the archive for the week. It only gets sent if we've got something to share so please give it a try!
In a few places we do recommend other products and services, and some of those will use Affiliate Links. ie. if you use the link and make a purchase, I might make a bit of beer money.
I do my best to research any business I recommend that way, and more often than not I will be a customer, but either way, you should do you own due diligence before making any purchase.
There may also be some 3rd party ad banners displayed on the website. Some of these come from a 3rd party content provider that we have limited control over... so you should assume those products and services are not specifically endorsed by this website or it's operators.